Oct 23, 2008

Dress Code

While reading about Sarah P's 150,000 shopping spree, my immediate instinct was to clown. Hockey moms don't shop at Neiman Marcus, Ma. But, to keep it real, anyone who knows me knows that I have most certainly invested a fair amount of my income into NM retail stock over the years. It's like Kenny Red said in American Pimp, "It takes me 2 to 3 hours to get dressed, 'cause it's lights, camera, and action." This being the case, the pot can't call the skillet black (no pun intended). But, my own consumer culpability notwithstanding, I couldn't help but be reminded of this Juelz Santana line from the Jim Jones' joint "Emotionless," while reading about Sarah P's retail therapy. "Neiman Marcus edition/contraband/Neiman Marcus I'm in it/shoppin' and/5 thousand spent on pants/man (man)."

Not that I'm in the habit of quoting Juelz Santana, mind you...

1 comment:

rhonda said...

I'm afraid I can't knock her couture hustle, as I pray at the temple of Barneys NY.

one,
-r